Thursday 10 February 2011

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

The media institution I think that would most likely produce and distribute my magazine would be Bauer as they publish printed magazines and manage them online and radio stations etc. Bauer is the largest privately owned publisher in Europe. Also, I think my magazines would suit Bauer as they produce a lot of consumer magazines which are quite similar to my magazine for example, Heat, Closer and Look. I think there is a gap in the market for my particular magazine as there is not a music magazine which has fashion and music in and targets mostly young women. My magazine would be distributed in the mainstream market shops such as WH Smith and supermarkets as these are the type of places my target audience would shop and therefore purchase magazines. It would also be available on subscription.

Overview of the magazine industry in the UK today –
1.4 billion Magazines are sold each year.
85% of the population reads a magazine.
An average of 500 new magazines is launched every year.
Bauer publish 25% of the consumer titles published i the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment