Thursday 10 February 2011

How does your media product represent particular social groups?


I have chosen an image of The Saturdays as they are similar to my girl band as they are psychographically and demographically similar, and would both attract my targeted audience. My image is a long shot and the other is a mid shot, the similarities are that most of them are not smiling which portray attitude that most teenagers have. I chose for my models to wear ‘going out’ clothes like The Saturdays have on their photo as it would make the image appear more interesting. I chose for my model on the left to wear a top that says ‘out of control’ to give the magazine a more rebellious feel to it and suits the title ‘BANNED’ very well. I also wanted my models to be looking directly at the camera rather than looking away so it makes the reader feel more involved. Demographically the models in each image share similarities as they are of the same gender and race. I choose to have three females for my cover image as it is aimed towards them and young girls will pick up this magazine and want to be like them. My magazine is targeted at the social class BC1C2D. I think this picture would suit the mainstreamers as they like to follow the latest trends.

No comments:

Post a Comment