Saturday 23 October 2010

Analysis Of My College Magazine- Front Cover.


I designed my magazine to appear more suitable for teenagers as my audience will be students. I used the results from my questionnaire to find the preferred topics they would want to read about so I could apply these to my front cover design. I think my front cover turned out well as I have got everything that the target audience wanted on there. I have placed the main things which will appear in the magazine at the top of the cover so the audience will read what there is and hopefully will be more interested and will want to read further.

My main image is of a student, it was taken at a medium shot, as that was the shot we were given. I made my friend smile so it looks as though the magazine will be fun and interesting to read rather than boring. But by having my image just of a girl this could appear to be aimed towards girls rather than boys. By the image being an East Norfolk student, other people are more likely to recognise her and pay attention to the cover more if they know the model.

I chose to do my title of the magazine big and bold, with a black outline to make it stand out, with a fuzzy lilac shading behind it to make it more fun and exciting as teenagers are. I also like the way ‘magazine’ looks as if it has been personally handwritten to the reader. I have made my cover lines wrap around my main image so that the girl is not covered by all of the text; I wanted to make the text visible and easy for the audience to read. However, I have placed an ‘Exclusive’ subtitle over the main image, as the audience would hopefully look at that first before the other texts to find out the main parts of the magazine that they would probably be interested in. I think the main text that will appeal to my audience will be the ‘Win tickets to next year’s ‘V Festival’ as it is a very popular event and most teenagers would like to go, but as it is very expensive, not many people may afford it.

I have used the colours, purple, blue, pink (as the main image is wearing them) and yellow. I wanted to use colours that would go well together and also colours that girls and boys would both like as I wanted the magazine to appeal to both sexes. I have used just yellow for the star so it would stand out and hopefully that’ll be the first thing the audience will look at, because if they see the first issue is free, they might be more interested in it, read it and see how good the magazine is and hopefully buy it in future. However, I feel like I have used too many colours for my front cover, so for my music magazine I will stick to using three.

No comments:

Post a Comment