Wednesday 24 November 2010

Analysis of NME Magazine (Double Page Spread)


This a double page spread of Lily Allen in the magazine NME. As the image is filling up most of the right side of the double page spread makes it more interesting to look at as there is a lot of writing on the left. I like the way Lily Allen is standing with her hands on her hips, she looks as if she has attitude, by her wearing a checked red top, messy hair and dark eye make-up is giving an impression that the genre is punk/rock. I like how it is almost like a newspaper theme with the colours and how the letters look as if they have been cut out and stuck on the page. I think it is very effective as it shows the genre of the magazine; for example, most of the letters on the pull quote are different sizes which give the page a messy and wild look, which shows that this article is punk/rock genre. Although I think this looks effective it would not be relevant to my magazine as my genre will be mainstream. I like how the body text is in columns and neat, unlike the pull quote, it is very organised.

No comments:

Post a Comment