Tuesday 19 October 2010

Questionnaire Results.

From conducting a questionnaire I discovered that 95% of my intended target audience do not read the college magazine. This shows that the magazine is not reaching its audience and it is not working well but some students may not have heard that there is a college magazine; therefore it needs to be published and advertised more around the college.

I wanted to find out how much students would be willing to pay for the college magazine. 75% said that they would not pay anything and 25% said they would pay 50p. This shows that the magazine could not be good enough to make students buy it; I thought that if the first magazine was to be given away free (or something free inside) to show everyone how good it actually is, this might make students buy it in future.

If students were to buy the magazine, they would not want to be disappointed. So I asked them what they would be most interested in reading about. Most of our audience said ‘Upcoming events.’ As upcoming events would include parties, students would want to know when they were, and where they would be held, so I would definitely include these details in my magazine. The least popular was ‘History of the college.’ This makes me think that no one is bothered about the history and could maybe find it boring and uninteresting to read about.

I wondered if the magazine should be more appealing to grab students’ attention as they go by. More ‘Colour’ and ‘Pictures’ got the most votes, this is most likely because when people walk past they are not going to be interested in something that looks dull and has not got a decent picture on the front. The front cover on my magazine will most certainly grab attention and appeal to all my target audience.
I wanted to know if the students were to buy the magazine, how often they would buy a copy. From my results, I found out that most students would pay ‘Monthly’ for it as it got 50%. But as ‘Weekly’ got 30% I thought that they were quite close together, adding these figures together would make 80% and to please my target audience I could sell the magazines every fortnight.

To encourage people to buy the magazine, I would need to know what they would want inside and what would be most appealing to them. ‘Jobs’ and ‘Upcoming gigs’ got the most votes as the majority of teenagers are looking for part time jobs at the weekend. Also, this age group are into music and like different types and styles, so having upcoming gigs and informing them where to get tickets from would make more people buy it. ‘Top 10 cinema listings’ also got quite a few votes as people love going to the cinema at the weekend too. ‘Agony Aunt’ was a popular choice too as students may have the same problems or could be going through the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment